lines from Rhino to UE4

Hello,

I'm having a strange problem, the importing seems to be working fine but when i turn off layers on RHino they are still appearing on UE4.
And i have some plans made with lines and those lines are also not appearing and would like them to.
Does fabric not carry Lines?

Thank you for reading
Gabriel Correia.

Comments

• kitaekim22kitaekim22 Posts: 4

The Fabric Plugin seems to import all layers, whether they are hidden or not in Rhino but it is unable to import curves, I do not think Unreal has support for Curves since they have no volume, thickness, etc. Planes can be imported but you will only be able to see them from one side unless you use a material that has the Two Sided option turned on in its blueprint.

• Gabriel CorreiaGabriel Correia Posts: 2

Oh i see, thank you, i had a feeling i had seen lines earlier but it was probably my confusion. so i should probably make a plane texture or something out of it.
    Once again, thanks for the response.

• HelgeHelge Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 314 Fabric Employee

That's correct- lines are not imported since Unreal does not have a similar lines primitive.

Research Engineer @ Fabric Software

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

@Gabriel Correia

On your request to support the layer visibility inside Unreal we have filed the internal ticket FE-8548 to implement it in the future

Borja Morales
    Technical Product Manager
    Fabric Software Inc.

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

Hi @Gabriel Correia

This feature has been implemented and will be part of the new Unreal beta 23

Borja Morales
    Technical Product Manager
    Fabric Software Inc.