AnimX curve editor comments

AhmidouAhmidou Posts: 188 ✭✭
edited August 11 in Canvas Graphs and Presets

Hi,
I'm super happy to see the curve editor widget in the last daily builds, it's going to help a lot!!!!!
So I played with it a bit, and Iknow that it's still a work in progress, but if you don't mind have some comments about it.

• The displayed lines (curve, tangents...) are looking too thick, a minimum thickness would be preferable
  • The XY values edit fields and expand button shouldn't be on top of the editor and should probably be smaller. I'd say it would have been OK for a large widget but for a small editor it's more cluttering the UI.
  • If I'm not mistaken the auto tangent in a property of the tangents, so in this mode the tangents should auto-update on editing.
    [edit] live auto-tangent is working and on when instantiating a node, but if you click on the option,
    the it's competently disabled and can't be re-enable.

• speaking of editing, it is pretty slow, there's quite a lag when moving the keys.

Keep going that looks promising!

Tagged:

Comments

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

Hi @Ahmidou

Thanks for your feedback, it is much appreciated. We are taking this suggestions into account.

On the auto tangent command, it is not interactive. You might have been mixing it with the snap to curve mode when creating keys.

Regards

Borja Morales
    Technical Product Manager
    Fabric Software Inc.

• HelgeHelge Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 315 Fabric Employee

Thanks @Ahmidou,

this all makes sense. I've filed an internal ticket to look into these issues. Given we are already in code freeze for 2.6 it's not likely this release will contain the enhancements - but we'll attack them asap.

Best!

Research Engineer @ Fabric Software

• AhmidouAhmidou Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hey @borja and @Helge,
    After a few more tests, I found auto-tangent is interactive only when adding+drag new keys. It would still be nice to have it considered by the manipulator as key property.

Anyway, time to update my extensions to take advantage of it!