Instantiating user presets in Maya

Hi Everyone,

Excuse the basic question - it seems like it'll be a very simple answer but I've looked everywhere I can think of...

I want to use the canvas scripting interface within Maya to load some presets into a graph and connect them up. It's working great for the built in presets - from the documentation:
FabricCanvasInstPreset -m "canvasNode1" -e "" -p "Fabric.Exts.Math.Vec3.Vec3" -x "345" -y "85";

However, I can't seem to figure out how to point at my user defined presets (specifically C:/Users/Dunc/Fabric/Presets/User/segment.canvas) using the required dot syntax...

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks

Dunc

Comments

• EricTEricT Administrator, Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 305 admin

Hey @duncanrudd,

It may help to take a look at the preset tree in the UI. You can see the relationship to the folders that are in the preset tree to what is in the example code.

If you have a preset named "MultiRaycast" in your User folder you would do something like the following:

import pymel.core as pm

pm.FabricCanvasInstPreset(m="canvasNode1", e="", p="User.MultiRaycast")

Eric Thivierge
    Kraken Developer
    Kraken Rigging Framework

• duncanruddduncanrudd Posts: 22

Hi Eric,

I was sure I'd tried that... I'll give it another go tonight (tiptoes off red-faced)!

Thanks for taking the time.

Dunc

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin
    edited March 2016

Hi @duncanrudd
    What @EricT suggested should work. But you have to take into account one small detail. If you are using Fabric for Maya from Fabric Engine 2.0.1, the user presets were not loaded at all. This is not a problem anymore in Fabric for Maya from Fabric Engine 2.1.0.

Borja Morales
    Technical Product Manager
    Fabric Software Inc.

• duncanruddduncanrudd Posts: 22

Hi @borja
    Thanks - it was a version issue. I installed 2.1.0 and everything is working fine now.

Cheers

Dunc