Manipulamis, Manipulators and Eventhandlers

malbrechtmalbrecht Fabric for Houdini Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Moin,

can we use manipulators/event handlers in modo/Fabric yet? I wasn't able to get it to work.
In theory using a "locator" in modo and piping its data into a CanvasPI might work, but e.g. changing the position does not trigger a re-evaluation of the graph (it does work for a channel modifier, but that can not output geometry).
Sure, one can embed a time tick to constantly evaluate the graph, but in the scenario I am creating right now that does not help ...

Any ideas?

Marc

Marc Albrecht - marc-albrecht.de - does things.

Comments

• mootzoidmootzoid Fabric Employee Posts: 185 Fabric Employee

Hi Marc,

plugging a locator into a CanvasPI item and then changing the locator's position should trigger a re-evaluation of the graph, so you either found a bug or perhaps things are not hooked up correctly.

Could you send me a scene so that I can reproduce the issue on my machine?

Cheers,
    Eric

• malbrechtmalbrecht Fabric for Houdini Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

May well be a hookup-hickup. I'll see if I can boil it down to a simple test scenario ... enough to have me confused, no need to do the same to you ... :)

Marc

Must have been the big bad bug that's sitting right at the end of the display's normal ... every "simple scene" I try works.

I'll beg for forgiveness later, got some crazy idea to play around with ...

Marc

Question, Sir master,

is there a way of registering button-down/button-up? What I am looking for is an input event that tells my graph "user is holding down a mouse button" (even better: "user is pressing its stylus on the screen at angle x with pressure y") so that I can modify the graph's behavior accordingly?

I do have a working idea of a work around that does not need this data, but since this seems to be a rather "basic" feature, yet extremely difficult to use in modo itself, I thought "ask, for else thee can not be given wisdom".

Marc

• mootzoidmootzoid Fabric Employee Posts: 185 Fabric Employee

Hi Marc,

there is nothing like that in Fabric at the moment.

But what about Modo? Does Modo perhaps provide some sort of "key listener" of some kind? If so, then you could simply plug it into a Canvas item's port and things should work.

Cheers,
    Eric

Hi,

thanks - unfortunately, as far as I can see, I'd have to code a "listener" myself for modo :-( I don't think there is anything like that hidden under any (procedural or not) rock.

Marc