Fabrice Head Build Error

EricTEricT Administrator, Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 305 admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Getting Started: Kraken v1.1.0.

Eric Thivierge
Kraken Developer
Kraken Rigging Framework

Comments

• xanderxenxanderxen Posts: 22

@EricT Does this work with Fabric 2.1.0? First time trying it. Excited to see what it can do, however, I am getting an error in Maya when trying out a simple Kraken example. I just tried to build the example fabrice head. When I choose "Build Rig" I get an error. "Error Building; 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'attr'. Is it the version of Fabric I am using, or does it look like something else is wrong.

• EricTEricT Administrator, Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 305 admin

It should work with Fabric 2.1. I'm using it myself. :) Can you send a semi-full log of what Maya is spitting out? Also are you using the .zip from the site or did you clone the git repo?

Eric Thivierge
    Kraken Developer
    Kraken Rigging Framework

Also do other components build ok or is it just that one?

Eric Thivierge
    Kraken Developer
    Kraken Rigging Framework

@EricT
    I used the github site ( http://fabric-engine.github.io/Kraken/#download ) after following the documentaion link from here (http://fabricengine.com/resources/)

Loading component modules...
    C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken_examples:
    kraken_examples.arm_component
    kraken_examples.bob_guide
    kraken_examples.bob_guide_data
    kraken_examples.bob_rig
    kraken_examples.clavicle_component
    kraken_examples.custom_config
    kraken_examples.fkChain_component
    kraken_examples.foot_component
    kraken_examples.hand_component
    kraken_examples.head_component
    kraken_examples.insectleg_component
    kraken_examples.leg_component
    kraken_examples.mainSrt_component
    kraken_examples.neck_component
    kraken_examples.spineClav_rig
    kraken_examples.spine_component
    kraken_examples.tentacle_component
    kraken_examples.test_config

C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken_examples\fabrice:
    kraken_examples.fabrice.fabrice_clavicle
    kraken_examples.fabrice.fabrice_head
    kraken_examples.fabrice.fabrice_spine
    kraken_examples.fabrice.fabrice_tail

C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken_examples\MJCG:
    kraken_examples.MJCG.mjEyelid_Component

[KL]: [FABRIC:MT] Loaded extension Animation in 78.809ms (cached)

[FABRIC:MT] Loaded extension Animation in 78.809ms (cached)

[KL]: [FABRIC:MT] Loaded extension Kraken in 114.078ms (cached)

[FABRIC:MT] Loaded extension Kraken in 114.078ms (cached)

Information: Success Loading Modules

// [KL]: [FABRIC:MT] Loaded extension KrakenForCanvas in 109.757ms (cached) //

[FABRIC:MT] Loaded extension KrakenForCanvas in 109.757ms (cached)

[Splice] Constructed FabricSplice Client.

// Error: [Splice] Unhandled DataType 'MultiPoseConstraintSolver' //
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken\ui\GraphView\kgraph_view_widget.py", line 294, in buildRig
    self._builder.buildRig(rig)
    File "C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken\core\builder.py", line 875, in buildRig
    self.buildKLOperator(operator)
    File "C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken\plugins\maya_plugin\builder.py", line 755, in buildKLOperator
    connectOutput(str(spliceNode + "." + argName)+'['+str(i)+']', connectionTargets[i]['opObject'], connectionTargets[i]['dccSceneItem'])
    File "C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken\plugins\maya_plugin\builder.py", line 743, in connectOutput
    decomposeNode.attr("outputRotate").connect(dccSceneItem.attr("rotate"))
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'attr'

Error: Error Building; 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'attr'
    // Error: [Splice] execute(): cannot execute because of errors //

Can you check and make sure your "matrixNodes.mll" plugin is loaded? I've done some work recently in our develop branch for when the Kraken plugin loads, it loads this plug-in automatically. Though it does look like you downloaded the latest develop branch copy.

Eric Thivierge
    Kraken Developer
    Kraken Rigging Framework

Thanks @EricT,
    I'll check that out. So, do you think matrixNodes.dll has something todo with the missing node type MultiPoseConstraintSolver that it cannot find and/or the missing attr it is complaining about? What is the MultiPoseConstraintSolver? Is that part of Kraken? I only recently installed Fabric Engine, so maybe it isn't Kraken but some other issue. Difficult for me to assess until I get a bit more familiar with everything.

Hey,

I think the issue you are having is that Kraken needs to use some of those matrix nodes that ship with Maya, but the plugin is disabled by default. So if you switch that on and test again we can rule that out

The MutiPoseConstraintSolver is a solver that takes an array of input objects and constraints the objects in a 2nd array directly to them without any offsets. It's usually used on the output objects and the deformer objects.

Eric Thivierge
    Kraken Developer
    Kraken Rigging Framework

Hi @EricT

I tried loading matrixNodes.mll first. If that is required, can I suggest that you have Kraken include any pluginInfo calls needed to query whether the required plugins are loaded and load as needed with a loadPlugin command. :)
    Including matrixNodes didn't fix all the errors unfortunately.
    I notice that the regular Kraken Component examples build without errors, just not the Fabrice and MJCG examples,
    In the error output in the log it suggests dccSceneItem == NoneType on line 743. How would that be?

------------Log Output-----------
    Information: Success Loading Modules
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken\ui\GraphView\kgraph_view_widget.py", line 294, in buildRig
    self._builder.buildRig(rig)
    File "C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken\core\builder.py", line 875, in buildRig
    self.buildKLOperator(operator)
    File "C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken\plugins\maya_plugin\builder.py", line 755, in buildKLOperator
    connectOutput(str(spliceNode + "." + argName)+'['+str(i)+']', connectionTargets[i]['opObject'], connectionTargets[i]['dccSceneItem'])
    File "C:\dev\kraken\Kraken-develop2.X\Python\kraken\plugins\maya_plugin\builder.py", line 743, in connectOutput
    decomposeNode.attr("outputRotate").connect(dccSceneItem.attr("rotate"))
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'attr'

Error: Error Building; 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'attr'

@xanderxen I've already added code to the Maya plugin to load required plugins if they aren't loaded already in the develop2.X branch on github. :smile:

I would suggest that you download the latest develop2.X branch and try again as there have been many fixes / updated recently and I think it will fix your issues.

Eric Thivierge
    Kraken Developer
    Kraken Rigging Framework