Mac installation

philstopfordphilstopford Posts: 19
edited April 2016 in Fabric for MODO

I do wonder whether a stub kit might be better than asking the user to play with core modo configuration files. I created a simple kit with a single index.cfg containing the following lines:

<br /> &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?&gt;<br /> &lt;configuration kit="fabricloaderkit"&gt;<br /> &lt;import&gt;/Applications/Fabric2.0/FabricEngine-2.2.0-dev-modo.beta2-Darwin-x86_64/DCCIntegrations&lt;/import&gt;<br /> &lt;/configuration&gt;<br />
That seems to nicely pull in Fabric without much messing around and by sticking this in a user or general location, if they have the Fabric environment set up, the Fabric stuff will show up.

Comments

• philstopfordphilstopford Posts: 19

I'm also wondering whether something like this might help to get the environment variables appropriately set up for GUI usage : https://github.com/ersiner/osx-env-sync

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

Hi @philstopford

Thanks for the info and help.
    We have filed FABMODO-24 to take them into account and make the final release easier to install and less error prone.

Borja Morales
    Technical Product Manager
    Fabric Software Inc.

• mootzoidmootzoid Fabric Employee Posts: 185 Fabric Employee

Hi @philstopford,

just a quick thank you for the information you provided.
    It was very helpful and I am happy to say that the next Fabric for Modo version will be much easier to install :)

Cheers,
    Eric