SURVEY -- Your Feedback Please

We have had over 60 people enthusiastically express interest in getting their hands on the Fabric For MODO beta and would like to hear from as many of you as possible -- even if the only thing you have to say is "Sorry, I got busy and haven't been able to look at it."

The following survey should take less than 2 minutes to complete. Please do so before midnight Thursday April 28 so that we can use your feedback to help us determine whether Fabric For MODO is ready for official release and support.

If, like Marc Albrecht, you are definitely going to jump on the updated Beta 2.1 release we put out this morning (Monday April 25) then please wait until Thursday to fill out the survey so that your comments reflect the latest/greatest.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Fab4MODO

Thanks in advance,

Team Fabric

Comments

• tcrowsontcrowson Posts: 12

Done!

So I actually have two really good "excuses" for my lack of involvement lately....
    1. I recently relocated my family from to Vancouver, to start as senior lighting artist at MPC. That'll keep a guy busy.
    2. Two weeks ago the motherboard on my home machine died and so I don't even have a working computer to test it on.

-Tim Crowson
    Lighting Artist, Generalist, Modo Tester

• philstopfordphilstopford Posts: 19

I'm still worried about the installation/deployment issues on OS X. Running from the terminal and hacking the main app's config file around seems pretty ugly. I'd hoped the new build would have tackled that.

• Kevin TureskiKevin Tureski Posts: 126 ✭✭

@tcrowson Yeah, those are pretty good excuses :-)
    @philstopford At the moment we do not have any commercial customers that require us to provide support on OS X. We do try to make sure that Fabric Engine on OS X works pretty well so that when a studio comes along requiring OS X support, the dozen or so known issues can be addressed fairly quickly.

While I do not wish to discourage anyone from posting their experiences (or excuses) here, I would like to encourage you to use the survey link to provide your feedback; it really won't take long and will make compiling the feedback much easier. Thanks!

• malbrechtmalbrecht Fabric for Houdini Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Done.

I desperately waited for the clock to show Thursday. Had to take some liberties at some responses, as the "correct" answers were not available. But ...

Done.

Marc Albrecht - marc-albrecht.de - does things.

• toxic_monkeytoxic_monkey Posts: 4

hi,
    i am sorry for the delay and have to say i could not have a deep look into the beta right now.
    thats because of my new born daughter (5 weeks ago) and some projects i have to keep an eye or both on them.
    i will try to find some (sleep) time to have a look on the beta.
    thanks

• OlivierDOlivierD Posts: 13

Sorry, I was so busy the two last months, I couldn't really test. The fact is Fabric is very complex, a lot more complex I supposed when I have asked to be part of this beta-test. I'm pretty sure Fabric is very powerful, I'm very pleased to see it work for Modo and I hope for you all the success you deserve, but it needs too much time for me currently.
    Maybe the better thing is to remove me from the beta-test team, because I will not be very productive. Sorry again.

• Kevin TureskiKevin Tureski Posts: 126 ✭✭

Thanks to everyone who responded to the survey. It is now closed. One thing that came through loud and clear was that installation was too complex so that has been dramatically improved / simplified. Stay tuned for another update coming soon.

This discussion has been closed.