FE for Modo 10?

Hi, I was trying to install FE for Modo 10 just like the instructions on the install/download post thread, but I dont't see the IP canvas item to be added from others>IP item
Where can I get the url to installl it into modo10? Thanks.

Comments

• mootzoidmootzoid Fabric Employee Posts: 185 Fabric Employee
    edited April 2016

Hello Pierre,

Where can I get the url to install it into modo10?

there is no special modo10 version, the current beta of Fabric for Modo works with Modo 90x as well as Modo 10.

but I don't see the IP canvas item to be added from others>IP item

What operating system are you using?
    Did you set the FABRIC_DIR environment variable?

Cheers,
    Eric

• Pierre SchillerPierre Schiller Posts: 16

Fabric dir, yes I set it on the modo10.cfg. I'm using windows 7sp2

• malbrechtmalbrecht Fabric for Houdini Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Hi,

did you check modo's system log? As discussed in the modo-beta-forum, there is a Fabric startup script that modo is expected to execute, you could check if that outputs its message to the log. If not, your paths are probably set up wrong. If the startup script gets executed, the CanvasPI definitely should pop up - does the CanvasIM appear?

Marc

Marc Albrecht - marc-albrecht.de - does things.

Nope. Doesn't appear.

Moin, Pierre,

it would help if you could provide a bit more information about what you have tried, what you checked etc. After all ... you're a beta tester :-)

OK, if the startup script does not get executed, it seems that Fabric has not been included, so you need to make sure that the paths you are using are actually correct. Both in the include statement in the config file (or, if you have created a KIT to include Fabric, in your KIT's index.cfg, obviously) and in the environment settings.
    Does FabricEngine show up in your KITs-list (Help menu/Kits versions)? Probably NOT, but ... just trying to pull information from you in order to get the picture :)
    I assume that you did check the actual path is correct in your environment variable (meaning: It actually points to the base directory of your modo Fabric tree). I sometimes have the environment set to the recent version and the include to the previous version, and then wonder why I have to CanvasPI ... so double-check paths.

Last, there's always a possibility of other KITs interfering. If you are sure all paths are correct AND your download of Fabric for modo is clean, try moving all other KITs into a backup directory and only start modo with FE to see if that works. If it does, re-install the other KITs one by one to find the interfering one.

I hope any of this helps. It's frustrating, I know, but after all: That's what beta-testing is for ...

Marc

Cool. thanks for the help Malbretch, I´ll first uninstall all other kits (I got some off the grid like Sketchfab´s) )off the grid = I never use them.

I had configured fabric's path on MODO10.cfg file

I think I'm missing the install on the windows environment, Is it possible? I have not configured any path for System environment. I´m working on a win 7 x64 machine.

I´m also wondering if FE is able to perform on a 32 bit system? but that´s another topic.

BTW: Question: Do I have to ask for an individual licence on FE?

Hi, Pierre,

I´m also wondering if FE is able to perform on a 32 bit system? but that´s another topic.

At least as far as modo is concerned (which, these days, is 64bit only), I am pretty sure you won't get far on 32 Bit :)

I think I'm missing the install on the windows environment, Is it possible?

In theory (according to a note Borja had in the April 25th release notes) it seems unnecessary, but I would suggest trying it out WITH the ENV VARs set. I did a quick run-through here: http://forums.fabricengine.com/discussion/479/need-help-for-setting-enviroment-and-variables

I'd check ENV VARs first before uninstalling other KITs, as I would expect that to be the problem.

Marc

• Aaron KentAaron Kent Posts: 66 ✭✭

Pierre, while I have not installed Modo 10 yet, I recall that trashing config files from ALL versions of Modo I had installed was one thing I tried when I was experiencing some trouble getting the Beta to work.

Cheers

AK

Ok team, thank you so much for your help. I did 3 things:
    1. Setup the Fabric path on Modo10.cfg file
    2. Setup Enviornment variables on windows (both for the engine and the samples) like you mentioned, Malbretch
    3. Requested a licence for Fabric Engine as personal use.

I launched modo, and now I see everything Fabric Engine related.
    H00 boy, now onto my first graph! :D

edited May 2016

Downloading docs now.