Rigging Toolbox

borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

The Rigging Toolbox provides a collection of production relevant tools that can be used when building character pipelines using Fabric Engine. These tools can be used as is, or purely as reference as you build your own implementations. Recently we have added a suite of deformers and are now working on leveraging our GPU compute capabilities with these deformers.

The Rigging Toolbox is publicly available in our GitHub repository. This is an open project and we look forward to seeing people contribute their own work here.

https://github.com/fabric-engine/RiggingToolbox

Borja Morales
Technical Product Manager
Fabric Software Inc.

Comments

• GabrielRoyGabrielRoy Posts: 42

Hi Borja,

can it be used directly within Canvas?
    Are there dfg nodes or presets already available? or is it only usable from within kl code inside a function node?

Thanks!

• Roy NieterauRoy Nieterau Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015

2.0 Compatibility

The pablo branch (which is for 2.0) operates correctly in Fabric Engine 2.0+. Currently no presets are provided out of the box, nor are there any Canvas samples. Of course as you said all of the tools are accessible within KL code inside a custom function node, for example I recreated one of the original (splice) examples running in Canvas, see video here

Canvas Presets

Running a KL2DFG on the Extension will provide you with some presets of which many become very complicated to use like most of the GeometryStack related features. I had a go with playing around with presets built that way and only found the XfoBezier to be somewhat easy to use (didn't test everything though!).

On twitter @EricT briefly mentioned that it's likely more user-friendly to manually create and save presets and add those to the repository. That way there's more control on how the nodes in the graph will work plus a bulk of unneccesary nodes gets avoided.

Canvas Samples

An issue is open on the repository to ensure samples will get created along the way, see here

Feel free to fork and pull the pablo branch and have a play with it. Testers are very welcome and any "samples" made with it will be greatly valuable to start building toward Canvas presets.

Small note: I'm not an official RiggingToolbox contributor but pushed some commits for compatibility with FE 2.0

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

@GabrielRoy I think Roy nailed it!. Let us know if you get to do some experiments with the Toolbox

Borja Morales
    Fabric Software Inc.

• MinimoVFXMinimoVFX Posts: 2

Hi Guys
    can you please show how to make a skin cluster with bones with the rigging toolbox or canvas or share the .canvas file to learn from ?

Thank you in advance
    Mau

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

Hi Mau

We will try to put an example like that in the future with Rigging Toolbox. We have also a shipping example (fbxcharacter.canvas) that shows skinning from an FBX character.

Borja Morales
    Fabric Software Inc.

• MinimoVFXMinimoVFX Posts: 2

Thank you for the answer I will check out the fbx scene and wait for the example when you can put more online.

Thank you
    Mau