Canvas Presets: How to create your own ...

malbrechtmalbrecht Fabric for Houdini Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Marc Albrecht - marc-albrecht.de - does things.

Comments

• malbrechtmalbrecht Fabric for Houdini Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I am getting thumbs-down on this one and no feedback. What am I doing wrong?

• mootzoidmootzoid Fabric Employee Posts: 185 Fabric Employee

Hi Marc,

Just watched the video.
    Not quite sure, but perhaps it simply takes to long to get to the actual point of creating the preset.
    A somewhat more 'technical/ video might be a bit better, you know, showing how to save a preset, how to create a new folder for a preset, how to reorganize your presets in a file explorer and so on.
    Perhaps even point to the environment variable FABRIC_DFG_PATH on how to have more preset paths aside the factory and the default user path.

Cheers!
    Eric

Sir, thanks!

Will take that to heart and make shorter videos.

Marc

• anhungxadieuanhungxadieu Posts: 108
    edited June 2016

it's a good video, but i hope to see more how canvas work really in production, that what we expect to see what Fabric can do and when we are watching this we will excited because we know we can create something interesting. Thanks :)

Thụy Nguyễn
    CG Artist

Not sure I understand exactly what you meant ... but ... I can say that I have been using Fabric (well, and Canvas) "in production" now. Several times.
    There's nothing "exciting" to see about it, though, since it has been used to solve technical issues.

Well, truth be told - to me that is exciting. I get all giddie-up seeing smooth solutions to problems or ways to quick'n-dirty do something that wasn't possible before. That's (both) what Fabric delivers: Solutions.

Personally I couldn't be less interested in big-bang-boom-bangerangedingdong. I don't need no smokes'n'mirrors. I want stuff to work.

For glitter, there's AfterFX.

Marc

• anhungxadieuanhungxadieu Posts: 108

well ... sorry about my English :), i simple lazy to learn something basic haha :smiley: . Watching yout video i understand but it's still not interesting with me (sorry if i said something wrong), maybe not what i'm looking for but i still follow any new videos from you.

Thụy Nguyễn
    CG Artist

sorry about my English

he, no problem ... it's not my native tongue either :) language barriers can be tricky ... and then there's that bit about personal interests ... the VFX-overload we get from modern movies has convinced me not to go to the cinemas any more. To me Fabric is best used where it makes life easier for people working "behind the scenes" - so whatever I can come up with (tutorial-wise) will always be targeted at "have more time for real life", never at "make big boom bang look good" :smiley:

Marc