you can see here:
https://vimeo.com/174743096
what I have done...

Pierre

Comments

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

Hi Pierre

Thanks for sharing!.

You have a cool front-end there with interesting stuff that would be nice to have for our canvas front-end (like immediate values on nodes, connection anchors, multiple tabbed views, a minimap :) ...)

If only I could suggest to put some love on the on the coder-colors :)

Also, for the next videos, crank up the microphone recording levels, the sound was quite low.

Borja Morales
    Technical Product Manager
    Fabric Software Inc.

• craouettecraouette Posts: 113

thanks @borja

If only I could suggest to put some love on the on the coder-colors

what do you mean? The link are a little bit too colorful, I know... but it help a lot to distinguish from one link to another when they are crossing. And it can be disable in the preferences... As I am typing this, I think I can take the type color, and play with the Hue and Saturation a little from one link to the other. like this, not so much color, but visually different when crossing, and the color indicate the type supported by the link... I will test this and come back with a picture or a short video.
    And I missed 2 features in the video:

• with shift, the user can move all the links going from an ouput pin to another compatible output (of a possibly different node);
    • a right click on a pin give a popup menu with all the possible connections, including ports and creating ports. this make very easy to connect a pin to another one not even on the screen.

ok for the mic... I didn't notice.

• scaronscaron Fabric for Houdini Posts: 171

@craouette You have done some nice work to your graph editor, many improvements over what is available in canvas (standalone and hosted). I like not having modal boxes when adding variables or when getting variables, the dots to redirect connections is nice too!

• mootzoidmootzoid Fabric Employee Posts: 185 Fabric Employee

nice work, @craouette, lots of great ideas you implemented!

what do you mean? The link are a little bit too colorful, I know... but it help a lot to distinguish from one link to another when they are crossing. And it can be disable in the preferences... As I am typing this, I think I can take the type color, and play with the Hue and Saturation a little from one link to the other. like this, not so much color, but visually different when crossing, and the color indicate the type supported by the link... I will test this and come back with a picture or a short video.

Hi Pierre. I meant the colors of the nodes/minimap which are a bit strident if you compare them to other DCC's. Just changing those a bit I think the look and feel would improve a lot!. Also, the background texture pattern could confuse users (a constant color works better for these situations)

Borja Morales
    Fabric Software Inc.

@craouette

That's an improvement. Now I would make the colors much less saturated and change the orange text since it is difficult to read.

I did a small mockup on how I would change it (personal opinion, of course :) )

Borja Morales
    Fabric Software Inc.