Maximun parameter Count exeded

is there any option to avoid this restriction? .......

"maximum parameter count exceeded (have 1325 parameters, maximum is 256)execute(): "

Pedro Cabrera
EntropyStudio

Comments

• Kevin TureskiKevin Tureski Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi Pedro. Can you describe your use case? That may be helpful in coming up with a suggested workaround.

• Pedro_CabreraPedro_Cabrera Posts: 38

Hi I am doing an alembic exporter from max within fabric but I want to input a lot of geometries from max to canvas, I tried creating an array into maxscript and pass that to a geometry[] port but that does'nt work, so I ended up creating fabric meshes each 124 geometries and pipe that fabric meshes to a new fabric mesh wich does the export process....

I know it's a bit strange workflow ( all is done in maxscript ) but it's working for the export proces...

The cool thing would be to be allowed to pass an array of instances to fabric as polygonmesh array.

Thanks!!

Pedro Cabrera
    EntropyStudio

• pzionpzion Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 117 Fabric Employee

Hi Pedro,

This is in a fairly old part of the code which doesn't make sense for us to update. It sounds like we should look into your actual problem instead, which is that you can't pass an array of geometries from 3DSMax. Are you able to provide a simple repro script that we can use to address this issue?

Peter Zion
    Fabric Engine