Problem with Block Creation

JM Kin TelaJM Kin Tela Posts: 89

Hello,
I Used the new FE 2.3 and try to create a bloc (second Mouse button and click on New Block)
and nothing happend. I open Canvas from de canvas.bat ..I don't what is happening...
can I create a block another way?, of course I can open an example and modified it, but it's not the idea I guess....
Bye!

Tagged:

Comments

• malbrechtmalbrecht Fabric for Houdini Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Hi, Inkila,

you can drag a block preset from the preset browser into canvas, under Fabric/Compounds/Blocks there are various types you can easily modify.
    The right-mouse-button "New Block" entry doesn't work in the Python canvas either.

Marc

Marc Albrecht - marc-albrecht.de - does things.

• EricTEricT Administrator, Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 305 admin

Hey folks,

You can't create a block at the root level. If you create an empty sub-graph and enter it. You will be able to right click and create a new block and it will prompt you for a new name.

The problem here is actually that the style sheet isn't making it obvious to users that the menu item is disabled. I've logged an issue FE-7173 to make the styling more apparent when menu items are disabled.

Eric Thivierge
    Kraken Developer
    Kraken Rigging Framework

• JM Kin TelaJM Kin Tela Posts: 89

Thanks Marc an Eric!, Yep, it appears to be just the same :P
    It would be much better if the log tells you every time you try to create a bloack in a root that you need to do it inside a subgraph, instead of diving into the docs or forums to find out :P .
    Thaanks!