Wish: io.FolderBrowser and remembering the folder

2 small wishes for the io.File nodes in Canvas:

1) Can we get a io.FolderBrowser please, which invokes the correct folder browser in Windows. In OS X you can select a file or a folder in the browser usually, but in Windows you can't and there is a separate window for both (Windows logic, ey :rage:)

2) Can io.Filebrowser please remember the folder of the file I have selected and open with that folder. Having to always browse to the same folder just to select another file is a real workflow killer. Right now it always opens the Fabric/bin folder.

Thanks for considering.

ps: I wonder if bugs and wishes should have their own category in the forum - posting it in the main Canvas Standalone category seems wrong, but couldn't find anywhere more appropriate.

Tagged:

Comments

• Kevin TureskiKevin Tureski Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi @seltzdesign ... if you are certain you have come across a bug, please email a description including steps to reproduce it and any other pertinent information (version of Fabric that you are using, version of the DCC app if applicable, what OS you are on at a minimum) to bugs@fabricengine.com

We pay attention to suggestions posted in the forums; you'll often see Borja in particular reply with "Good idea, I've logged this as FE-1234" which is a ticket in our JIRA tracking system.

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

Hi @seltzdesign

Thanks for your suggestions!

About 1, I have filed internal ticket FE-7220 to see if there is a way on selecting a folder inside FileBrowser or creating a FolderBrowser preset is needed

On 2, I have filed FE-7221 to filebrowser dialog to remember the last folder.

Borja Morales
    Technical Product Manager
    Fabric Software Inc.