Request: highlighting new Methods and Members in docs

Hi
After watching the "Canvas Procedural Importers" video, I began to study new docs and noticed there are new sections and new methods. But they are very hard to notice, I have to open a new and old version of the docs and to compare visually. So I have a proposal. May be it would cool to highlighting with color everything new that appears in the docs between two major versions?
I think "what's new" section is not enough.

Let's say NO to Autodesk®Fabric®

Comments

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

Hi @AlexanderM

I am not sure how feasible is this with our current documentation technology (Sphinx), but I have filed the internal ticket FE-7532 to at least take a look at it. Thanks for your feedback!

Borja Morales
    Technical Product Manager
    Fabric Software Inc.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Posts: 132 ✭✭

If not colour, for example a note (#new) in the beginning of the line

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Posts: 132 ✭✭
    edited November 2016

I have another request. It would be good to document all factory geometry attributes with types and short description, like "uvs0","velocities","normals","positions", "tangents" and so on. I've been looking for how to generate the tangent space and then found in the source code that they have already been implemented and are created with the Vec4Attribute "tangents". It would be handy to have a description of all available attributes in one place in docs.

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

You are right Alexander. I have filed FE-7674 to list the built-in attributes of a geometry in our docs!

Borja Morales
    Technical Product Manager
    Fabric Software Inc.

• Roy NieterauRoy Nieterau Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

These sound like great additions to me.

It would be good to document all factory geometry attributes with types and short description, like "uvs0","velocities","normals","positions", "tangents" and so on.

I have filed FE-7674 to list the built-in attributes of a geometry in our docs!

Awesome note, reminds me of this:

http://forums.fabricengine.com/discussion/comment/3978/#Comment_3978

Should this also be listed at the geometry types since they differ for each? And possibly also describe on how to "debug" (list) the currently available Attributes on a specific Geometry.