Modeling Boolean Tool

Hi folks,
I want to share the first build of my Boolean Tool extension. This extension based on Carve library, compiled and assembled for Fabric. This version supports general boolean modes and can transfer a few basic attributes such as 'uvs0', 'normals', 'velocities', 'vertexColors', 'MeshID'. Please report me about problems.
Many thanks to Oleg"Kaiser"Bliznuk, he gave me a lot of help.

Let's say NO to Autodesk®Fabric®

Comments

• malbrechtmalbrecht Fabric for Houdini Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Looks fantastic, @AlexanderM !

What is the logic for creating interior UVs? And does it create ngons (the box-minus-sphere looks as if there are polygons with more than 4 vertices) or does it internally force triangulation?

Marc

Marc Albrecht - marc-albrecht.de - does things.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Posts: 132 ✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi Marc,
    It does not generate the auto UVs, only transfers from the parent objects. I will try to implement the auto UVs later, but I have not yet thought about the algorithm.
    For the correct calculation better make full triangulation, I added two different modes.
    Just want to note that FE can't build the concave n-gones correctly(because it uses too simple internal triangulation), so it's not recommended to use "no triangulation", but in Maya it works fine.
    The best way is applying triangulation only for affected polygons, but it requires a very good knowledge of the Carve library (and I'm not sure 100% whether it's possible).

At this moment I will deal with how to compile Scons. Maybe it does not uses maximum optimizations (not put all the necessary flags to build Final not Debug Build in Scons script file), boolean works pretty fast, but not as fast as possible

• Paul DoylePaul Doyle Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 229 admin

Nice work! Love seeing your latest work :)

CEO at Fabric Software
    Twitter

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Posts: 132 ✭✭

I built a very simple example of procedural using

• malbrechtmalbrecht Fabric for Houdini Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

This is very cool (tm) :)

Marc Albrecht - marc-albrecht.de - does things.

• Roy NieterauRoy Nieterau Posts: 258 ✭✭✭

This is looking great! :smile: Great work.