Canvas crashing modo in OSX

Hi,

I'm on OS X 10.11.2, using modo 10.2v1. I was able to run CanvasIM and CanvasPI the first couple of times, but at some point, suddenly, every time I tried to load any of them it crashes modo. Tried to clean up configs, re-install modo and Fabric from scratch, but now it's still happening. I don't see any error in the log:

[ 2-16-2017 15:50:09 |  17.765    0] Command[2]: PRE (null), Parameters: item.create CanvasPI
[ 2-16-2017 15:50:14 |  22.938 5173] Command[2]: PRE (null), Parameters: layer.move 3 1 0
[ 2-16-2017 15:50:14 |  22.939    1] Command[0]: BLK Apply Preset, Parameters: (null)
[ 2-16-2017 15:50:14 |  22.939    0] Command[0]:     (null), Parameters: select.preset "[itemtypes]:locator/.uncategorized/CanvasPI.itemtype" mode:set
[ 2-16-2017 15:50:14 |  22.939    0] Command[0]:     (null), Parameters: preset.do "[itemtypes]:locator/.uncategorized/CanvasPI.itemtype"
[ 2-16-2017 15:50:14 |  22.939    0] Command[0]:     (null), Parameters: item.create CanvasPI
[ 2-16-2017 15:50:14 |  22.939    0] Command[0]:     (null), Parameters: layer.move 3 1 0

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• malbrechtmalbrecht Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Moin,

one thing you could try is check if Canvas (the standalone Fabric environment) runs. If that crashes, you may have some extensions loaded that need to be removed. From your post I understand that you did a "clean" install for both modo and Fabric - did you actually remove remainders of both that might have lingered somewhere or did you just reinstall them?
    If the later, dump the modo config again and recreate the KIT config for Fabric.

However, with an actual "clean" install I don't see any way for Fabric/modo to crash if it did work before - it does sound as if something else in your setup changed in the meantime.

Marc

Marc Albrecht - marc-albrecht.de - does things.

• Hi Marc,

Thanks for your quick response! Canvas standalone runs ok. No issues there. Before clean install I remove everything: modo's folder (including kits, configs, etc...), Fabric folder (then I unzipped it again from the original downloaded file), etc... It's odd.
    Can the hardware be an issue? Even though if it was standalone, and it worked a couple of times before starting to crash modo, it shouldn't be.

Can the hardware be an issue?

That I really don't know - there still might be some environment variable screwing things up, I do not know if MacOS stores those somewhere globally (on Windows I do have some Fabric ENV vars set globally for convenience reasons), so checking this also might be another thing to try.
    If you should have access to a different version of modo (90x and upwards), maybe trying that could help - just to see if Fabric works there? Also, maybe, check with an older version of Fabric (maybe some 2.4.0 - just to narrow down on where the problem starts).

One idea ... is it possible that you installed some additional Python version? Maybe there is some hickup with Python?

Marc

• Found the issue. It was crashing when running unlicensed. I started playing with it before even installing the license, and since everything was working fine despite the popups, I didn't even think that would could be the issue when it started crashing. Maybe it isn't, but that's the only thing that has changed, and now it seems to run. Thanks again!

:+1: