Value (FilePath) wont persist when called through DFGWrapper

Hello guys!
I have a graph where I use a custom function, built in KL and wrapped used KL2DFG. This function takes a file as input (FilePath) and outputs a data structure (Mat, or Scalar Array). When I use this node in Canvas everything works perfectly, but, when I call the graph from Python (using DFGWrapper) the input value will fail to persist, braking the graph.
If I connect a FilePath constant or String constant in the input, the values persist both in Canvas and Python.
Is this a bug or a feature? Should I always use this constants when inputting values?

Cheers

Best Answer

Answers

• EricTEricT Administrator, Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 304 admin

Hi Gustavo, do you have sample code that you could post that reproduces this?

Eric Thivierge
    Kraken Developer
    Kraken Rigging Framework

• Gustavo BoehsGustavo Boehs Posts: 63 ✭✭

I am out of town. Will create a sample when I get back. Thanks for answering.

• Gustavo BoehsGustavo Boehs Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited May 8

Hello again Eric, I think I can reproduce this in a very simple way. Instead of creating a custom object I will create a custom function inside Canvas. All it does is to report the content of a input FilePath port.

in FilePath path

dfgEntry {
    report(path);
    }

In canvas I can use the browser that is exposed within the custom function node. Or I can stream the path from either a FileBrowser node, or a String node. All of them are evaluated the same, as you can see here:

But when I run the graph from Python using the DFGWrapper the FilePath value in the input port does not persist (becomes null), I get a conversion error and a blank line:

[FABRIC:MT] FileIO: Conversion of null object failed.
    [FABRIC:MT]

If I use the factory FileBrowser node I get no conversion error, only the blank line.

[FABRIC:MT]

And only when I use the constant string node I get the same outcome as in canvas:

[FABRIC:MT] C:/Users/gusta/Desktop/sinter.txt

I have attached the files I used here. This was tested in FE 2.4.

Cheers!