How to build KRK_bob_rig extension?

Hello guys. I'm trying to run the Kraken sample included in FE2.4 named 'bob_kl_rig_test.canvas'. I get an error for not having the bob rig encapsulated as the KRK_bob_rig extension. I can't seem to find this extension or the function/script that can build it. Do any of these come with FE2.4? Can I get them anywhere else?

Cheers

Tagged:

Comments

• EricTEricT Administrator, Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 281 admin

Hi Gustavo,

I'll write up a small how to and post back here shortly. Basically you'll need to run a python script that creates a rig, loads the bob .krg file into it and then calls the build. However you need to set the KRAKEN_DCC environment variable to KL when starting the environment. Again I'll write up a full how to shortly.

Eric Thivierge
    Kraken Developer
    Kraken Rigging Framework

• Gustavo BoehsGustavo Boehs Posts: 45 ✭✭

Thank you Eric

• EricTEricT Administrator, Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 281 admin

Hey Gustavo,

To test the Bob Rig, you simply need to add this path to the FABRIC_EXTS_PATH variable before launching Canvas:
    %FABRIC_DIR%/Tools/Kraken/Samples/Kraken/Exts

Then load the bob_kl_rig_test.canvas file to test it out.

To generate a Kraken rig extension you'll have to do the following:
    Create a kraken_prompt.bat file in the %FABRIC_DIR%\Tools\Kraken\launchers directory with the following contents. Note that I've added a D:\temp\KLExts directory that doesn't exist yet. This is where I'll be generating the Character's KL Extension. This path will need to be added to FABRIC_EXTS_PATH as I showed above.

@ECHO OFF
    ECHO "Releasing The Kraken!"

set "LAUNCHER_PATH=%~dp0"
    REM Remove trailing backslash if there is one
    IF %LAUNCHER_PATH:~-1%==\ SET "LAUNCHER_PATH=%LAUNCHER_PATH:~0,-1%"

set "KRAKEN_DCC=KL"

CALL "%LAUNCHER_PATH%\..\..\..\environment.bat"
    set "FABRIC_EXTS_PATH=%FABRIC_EXTS_PATH%;D:\temp\KLExts"
    CALL cd /d %KRAKEN_PATH%
    CALL cmd

Next, you'll need to execute that launcher file and then change directories to %FABRIC_DIR%\Tools\Kraken\DCCIntegrations\kl

Run this command next:
    presetGen.py PATH\TO\KRAKEN\RIG\rig.krg D:\temp\KLExts

This command will generate a KL Extension for the rig.krg file in the D:\temp\KLExts directory. Once you add that directory to the FABRIC_EXTS_PATH the extension is available along with the Canvas presets it generated as well and you can construct a graph like the sample one for your character.

Hope that helps.

Eric Thivierge
    Kraken Developer
    Kraken Rigging Framework

• Gustavo BoehsGustavo Boehs Posts: 45 ✭✭

It works!! Thank you very much Eric.