Fabric build version?

Hey guys. Is there a way to tell what the exact Fabric build version is besides the directory it resides in? Is this stored anywhere else or is there a command to get it. We update a constant location path with new fabric releases and thus rename the directory. It's then difficult to determine exactly which cut we are using without us creating a note in the build ourselves each time.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• borjaborja Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 480 admin

Hi @TodderasesareddoT

It is not currently possible to tell the specific build within the API (we have a basic FabricCore::GetVersionStr() but doesn't show the build version).
    I have filed the ticket FE-8321 to implement this very useful feature!

Borja Morales
    Technical Product Manager
    Fabric Software Inc.

• TodderasesareddoTTodderasesareddoT Posts: 11

That would be really great. Thanks, @borja !

• pzionpzion Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 117 Fabric Employee

In fact, you can see the Fabric version by running kl --version from a Fabric shell. It will show whether it's a build version and so on.

Peter Zion
    Fabric Engine

• TodderasesareddoTTodderasesareddoT Posts: 11

Hey Peter!

I gave that a try, but when I run "kl --version" on a cut that Fabric gave to us for testing a few weeks ago, all I get is "Fabric Engine version 2.5.0 (development)".

I was looking for something that would be more tied to a unique build or the like. I was thinking even of something simple like you guys providing a "version.txt" file that had the same build name timestamp as the folder. It is our bad for renaming the folder instead of linking, but we don't have a sophisticated deployment environment yet and actually this little thing would help out a lot.

Thanks!!

-TT

• pzionpzion Moderator, Fabric Employee Posts: 117 Fabric Employee

Hmm ok! If it was an automatic build you might find a file git-versions in $FABRIC_DIR that would help here... if there is that file, the Core and SceneGraph entries at the top would tell us how to find dates for you. Otherwise, I'm afraid you're out of luck...

Peter Zion
    Fabric Engine