Fabric Engine. Hydra Renderer Extension

AlexanderMAlexanderM Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Still we all waiting for SceneHub with Fabric Renderer I want to show to community my first attempt to build a renderer extension for Canvas.
I chose Hydra because it's fast, modern, free (at current moment) and has recently released API.
At this moment it's only my hobby and WIP and it has some bugs with stability (Fabric freezes 2 times out of 10). And the API is still new and also in progress.

Hydra is GPU and CPU renderer by Vladimir Frolov http://www.raytracing.ru/ . It uses Path Tracing/Metropolis Light Transport/Stochastic Progressive Photon Mapping algorithms and Guided Non Local Means denoiser. It has a good and free (at this moment) integration to 3dsmax (in beta stage)

Let's say NO to Autodesk®Fabric®

Comments

• s_tkcms_tkcm Posts: 20

This is awesome!

I am also looking forward to Fabric Renderer (RTR2 ?).

• Paul DoylePaul Doyle Administrator, Fabric Employee Posts: 210 admin

very nice work, Alexander. With regards to RTR2: we are working with it on several consulting projects at the moment. Our plan is to integrate RTR2 into Fabric later this year. SceneHub is a longer term project (2018) - we decided to spend time putting polish into the core Fabric product, so you should see good progress there (for instance, the 2.5 daily builds now include the new tabsearch functionality). RTR2 is part of this improvement work, but first we need to deliver on a few other items: a new manipulation framework and parallel execution of block nodes. These should be in a summer/autumn 2017 release, depending on how development goes etc.

CEO at Fabric Software
    Twitter

• scaronscaron Posts: 163

@AlexanderM cool stuff! Can this Hydra renderer do IPR rendering? ie. move the camera and see the scene re rendered? or change a parameter and have the scene update?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Posts: 129 ✭✭
    edited March 30

Thanks. About IPR I'm not sure, but I think it's not implemented now in API, because 3dsmax version has no ActiveShade Mode of Hydra. I know that author of Hydra now works on "update" part of API, may be it will be realized.

In general the questions about scene updating, frame buffer drawing and progressive interactive rendering in Canvas is also important for me. I tried to draw all progressive updates over the Canvas viewport, but I didn't get it. I have avoided it using the separate OGL window. This question is still opened for me

Let's say NO to Autodesk®Fabric®

• scaronscaron Posts: 163

For my Arnold bindings I am using my own PySide widget which handles the display of pixels, but I am also connected to updates from canvas/fabric. param value changes, graph changes, and viewport nav. I am working (free time) on making a subclassed version of the canvas viewport which will switch to my display and back to their viewport.