Hi everyone - it took a fair bit of hoop-jumping and some help from people on the USD list (thanks!) but we are now ready for people to test our USD integration in Fabric.
The USD extension is based on v0.7.4 of USD and is available on Windows + Linux for now. OSX will follow.
The wrapping is not 100% complete, however it includes support for the following classes:
- All Sdf Classes
- All Math Classes
- UsdAttribute, UsdEditTarget, UsdGeomBoundable, UsdGeomCamera, UsdGeomGprim, UsdGeomImageable, UsdGeomMesh, UsdGeomPointBased, UsdGeomPrimvar, UsdGeomSphere, UsdGeomXform, UsdGeomXformCommonAPI, UsdGeomXformOp, UsdGeomXformable, UsdInterpolation, UsdObject, UsdPrim, UsdPrimRange, UsdProperty, UsdReferences, UsdRelationship, UsdSchemaBase, UsdShadeInput, UsdShadeInterfaceAttribute, UsdShadeLook, UsdShadeMaterial, UsdShadeNodeGraph, UsdShadeParameter, UsdShadeShader, UsdStage, UsdTimeCode, UsdTyped
The currently supported scope allows users to:
- Read and write USD files
- Assemble scenes using references, variations and layers
- Inject and retrieve custom metadata
- Inspect USD files directly in the Canvas visual programming system
- The Alembic file format plugin is not provided.
- The ModelAPI classes are not provided for now ( will follow ).
- The wrapping does not yet provide canvas nodes for all granular USD operation. This will follow once USD stabilizes into 1.0.
If you want to take a look then download the daily builds and get digging. If you need help or guidance then post here.